Mission and Vision
Mission and Vision
The main objectives of this campaign aimed at children/students are
- Effective implementation of the provisions of The Cigarettes and Other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act, 2003 or COTPA, The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, The Kerala Abkari Act, The Kerala Police Act, The Juvenile Justice Act, Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act etc., especially in and around the school campuses.
- To strengthen the fire wall of protection around these children and to ensure our children grow up in environments that build confidence, friendship, security and happiness, irrespective of a person’s family circumstances or background
- Prevent and control socially deviant behavior including criminal offences and substance abuse including tobacco, alcohol and other harmful substances among children and students
- Ensure traffic safety in the school area and surroundings
- Protect children from physical and sexual abuse – effectively check and restrict availability of pornographic material to children and students
- Provide students a caring, safe and nurturing environment in schools
- Creating law-abiding, socially responsible and capable citizens.
- Detect socially deviant behavior early and to take corrective measures
- To have a proper understanding of the concept of delinquency and to take steps for the social integration of these young offenders.
- Facilitate the collaboration of various government departments like Police, Health, Social Welfare and Education, various nongovernmental organisations and academic institutions in the above activities.
In the first phase, all aided and unaided schools across Kerala including CBSE &ICSE schools upto the standards of 12 will be covered. There are roughly 14,000 schools in Kerala that cater to around 55 lakh students. This project will subsequently be extended to all the colleges and Universities in the state in a phased manner.